What materials can I request?
- You can place requests on materials checked out.
- You can place requests on materials IN the library (these items are pulled at the top of every hour and placed on the open holds shelf for easy pickup).
How can I request materials?
Plum Card Holders
- In the library or over the phone, (630) 627-0316 at the Adult or Youth Services Depts. Please use this method if you have overdues or owe the library money. Simply have your valid Plum library card handy and the titles of the materials you wish to request.
- In the library or from home, using your "My Library Account". Please do NOT use this method if you have overdues or owe the library money.
- Enter your name, library account # and PIN. (If you do not have a PIN, you can set one up at this time. You will be prompted to type it a second time to confirm its accuracy.)
- Click on "CATALOG HOME"
- Search for materials as you normally do.
- To reserve the title, click the REQUEST button located below the title of the item you wish to reserve.
- You can continue to search the catalog and place requests without having to re-enter your library card information.
- When you are finished, be sure to logout (found in upper right corner of page).
- You can call (630) 627-0316 to see if materials are available, and if so, pick them up at the front desk.
Simply have your valid Plum library card, your PIN and follow these steps from "My Library Account":
NonPlum Card Holders