HPL Genealogy Club Programs
The HPL Genealogy Club meets on the 4th Tuesday of every month at 7PM. Our meetings are held in the library's Auditorium and are open to everyone.
Members round table discussion October 27th 7-8:30 pm
Secret Societies and Genealogy November 24th 7-8:30 pm. Learn the purposes of the organizations our ancestors belonged to, such as the Knights of Pythias, Independent Order of Odd Fellows, and more. Presented by Bob Allen.
Drop-In Genealogy Assistance
The Helen Plum Library provides drop-in genealogy assistance on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. A representative from the Daughters of the American Revolution will be available to help people with resources and "brick walls."
Upcoming Area Events
Illinois State Genealogical Society 2015 Fall Conference October 23rd - October 24th, Oak Lawn, Illinois. Co-host Afro-American
Genealogical and Historical Society of Chicago. www.ilgensoc.org
Lake County Genealogical Society's 23rd Annual Workshop November 21, 2015, Round Lake Beach Cultural & Civic Center.
Du Page County Genealogical Society 41st Annual Conference Saturday, March 12, 2016 at the NIU Conference Center in Naperville, IL.
The Naperville Family History Center offers free classes each month. For a list of upcoming classes, go to: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Naperville_Illinois_Family_Histor...
The Illinois State Genealogical Society offers free webinars on the second Tuesday of each month. Advance registration is required. For more information, go to: www.ilgensoc.org
Legacy Family Tree offers free webinars. Go to http://www.familytreewebinars.com/upcoming-webinars.php for information.
Helen Plum Library's Genealogy Collection includes local newspapers on microfilm, books, periodicals, passenger lists, and other directories and indexes. In addition, our Local History Collection contains items of interest to Lombard area genealogists.
- Lombard News - November 6, 1915 - July 29, 1916; August 4, 1917
- Lombard Spectator - 1927-current
- Lombard Suburban Life - May 30, 1996-August 2001
- Lombardian - 1975-current
- Chicago Genealogist
- Family Tree
- IL State Genealogical Society Qtrly
- Chicago Genealogical Society Newsletter
- IL State Genealogical Society Newsletter
- Palatines to America: IL Chapter
- DuPage County Genealogical Society Review
- Haines Criss-Cross Directory - 1983-2007 (every other year)
- 1928-1929 - excerpt copied from City Directories of Elmhurst, Lombard and Villa Park, Illinois, 1928-1929
- 1938 - copied from unknown source