HPL Genealogy Club Programs
The HPL Genealogy Club meets on the 4th Tuesday of every month at 7PM. Our meetings are held in the library's Auditorium and are open to everyone.
Tuesday, August 26th 7-8:30 pm
Join us in the Auditorium for a round-table discussion of genealogy success stories and brick-walls!
Tuesday, September 23rd 7-8:30pm
"Naturalization - Beginning of Your U. S. Family Heritage"
Find your immigrant ancestors naturalization papers and discover the beginning of your roots in American History. This program starts with the history of the naturalization process and a review of the requirements. Where your ancestors were naturalized is the key to finding their documents. Traditional and online sources are reviewed.
Drop-In Genealogy Assistance
The Helen Plum Library provides drop-in genealogy assistance on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. A representative from the Daughters of the American Revolution will be available to help people with resources and "brick walls."
Upcoming Area Events
The Fox Valley Genealogical Society presents their 21st Annual Fall Conference September 27, 2014. Go to http://www.ilfvgs.org and click FVGS Conference for more information.
The Lombard Historical Society "Second Sunday Programs" are held at 2:00 pm in the Carriage House. Free for Society members, $5 for non-members. For more information: http://lombardhistory.org/events.htm
The Naperville Family History Center offers free classes each month. For a list of upcoming classes, go to: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Naperville_Illinois_Family_Histor...
The Illinois State Genealogical Society offers free webinars on the second Tuesday of each month. Advance registration is required. For more information, go to: www.ilgensoc.org
Helen Plum Library's Genealogy Collection includes local newspapers on microfilm, books, periodicals, passenger lists, and other directories and indexes. In addition, our Local History Collection contains items of interest to Lombard area genealogists.
- Lombard News - November 6, 1915 - July 29, 1916; August 4, 1917
- Lombard Spectator - 1927-current
- Lombard Suburban Life - May 30, 1996-August 2001
- Lombardian - 1975-current
- Chicago Genealogist
- Family Tree
- IL State Genealogical Society Qtrly
- Chicago Genealogical Society Newsletter
- IL State Genealogical Society Newsletter
- Palatines to America: IL Chapter
- DuPage County Genealogical Society Review
- Haines Criss-Cross Directory - 1983-2008
- 1928-1929 - excerpt copied from City Directories of Elmhurst, Lombard and Villa Park, Illinois, 1928-1929
- 1938 - copied from unknown source