HPL Genealogy Club Programs
The HPL Genealogy Club meets on the 4th Tuesday of every month at 7PM. Our meetings are held in the library's Auditorium and are open to everyone.
Round Table Discussion April 28th 7-8:30pm
We will share current genealogy topics, successes and brick-walls during this meeting.
Drop-In Genealogy Assistance
The Helen Plum Library provides drop-in genealogy assistance on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. A representative from the Daughters of the American Revolution will be available to help people with resources and "brick walls."
Upcoming Area Events
The Lombard Historical Society "Second Sunday Programs" are held on occasional Sundays at 2:00 pm in the Carriage House. Free for Society members, $5 for non-members. For more information: http://lombardhistory.org/events.htm
The Naperville Family History Center offers free classes each month. For a list of upcoming classes, go to: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Naperville_Illinois_Family_Histor...
The Illinois State Genealogical Society offers free webinars on the second Tuesday of each month. Advance registration is required. For more information, go to: www.ilgensoc.org
Legacy Family Tree offers free webinars. Go to http://www.familytreewebinars.com/upcoming-webinars.php for information.
Helen Plum Library's Genealogy Collection includes local newspapers on microfilm, books, periodicals, passenger lists, and other directories and indexes. In addition, our Local History Collection contains items of interest to Lombard area genealogists.
- Lombard News - November 6, 1915 - July 29, 1916; August 4, 1917
- Lombard Spectator - 1927-current
- Lombard Suburban Life - May 30, 1996-August 2001
- Lombardian - 1975-current
- Chicago Genealogist
- Family Tree
- IL State Genealogical Society Qtrly
- Chicago Genealogical Society Newsletter
- IL State Genealogical Society Newsletter
- Palatines to America: IL Chapter
- DuPage County Genealogical Society Review
- Haines Criss-Cross Directory - 1983-2007 (every other year)
- 1928-1929 - excerpt copied from City Directories of Elmhurst, Lombard and Villa Park, Illinois, 1928-1929
- 1938 - copied from unknown source