Job Seekers - Networking 101
Thursday, September 10, 2015, 7:00pm - 8:00pm, in the Helen Plum Library Auditorium
Bonnie Liptak, of Career Growth Unlimited, will show you how to develop contacts you already have, & how to create & maintain new contacts in your job search.
To register, go to: http://helenplum.evanced.info/eventcalendar.asp or call Adult Services at 630-627-0316.
JVS Job Search Counseling
Every 3rd Tuesday, 9:00am - 12:00noon, in the 2nd floor Helen Plum Library conference room
Joyce Bogolub, of JVS Chicago-Career Moves, is now available to offer 30-minute, one-on-one, job search counseling at the library. Free & open to the public.
To make your appointment for August 18, email Joyce Bogolub at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nursing Hiring Fair
Monday, August 3, 2015, 1:00pm to 6:00pm, at 831 N. Batavia Avenue, Batavia, IL 60510
The Holmstad, (Batavia, IL), part of a nationwide family of CCRC’s: Covenant Retirement Communities, 5th largest LeadingAge Ziegler Top 100, is holding an RN/LPN/CNA Job Fair and welcomes all those interested in pursuing opportunities in healthcare. On-site interviews – Immediate openings available.
For more information, click here
IT Positions - Career Fair
Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 3:00pm to 8:00pm, at Clover Technology Center| 2300 Barrington Rd. Suite 100| Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
The Information Technologies division of Clover Technologies Group has openings available in the Hoffman Estates Technology Center. Current openings include Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Help Desk Support, Developers, Software Administrators, Network Engineers, and Network Administrators.
For more information, click here
Senator Tom Cullerton's Hiring Event
Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 10:30am to 2:00pm, opens at 10:00am for veterans, at the Odeum, 1033 North Villa Avenue, Villa Park, IL
Sponsored by State Senator Tom Cullerton.
For more information, click here. Or call 630-903-6662.
JOB SEARCH TOOLKIT
COPING WITH UNEMPLOYMENT & RELATED ISSUES
COBRA-Continuation of Health Coverage
- How to continue your health coverage after a job loss.
- "C.R.I.S.", Community Resource Information System, offers information on food, clothing, elder care, child care and more.
Get Covered Illinois
- Get Covered Illinois is the Illinois starting point to apply for health care coverage through the Marketplace Exchange of the Affordable Care Act.
Goodwill Workforce Connection Centers
- Offers free job search assistance.
Illinois Hardest Hit Program
- For temporary mortgage payment assistance to households that are struggling with unemployment or underemployment.
People's Resource Center
- Offers emergency help with food, housing, job assistance, literacy, computer skills, & more.
CAREER EXPLORATION & TRAINING
- Find the latest information on occupations, wages, education and training requirements, outlook and much more
- A US Dept. of Labor site that offers career resources and workforce information to job seekers, students, businesses, and workforce professionals.
-Free online tutorials for learning Internet basics, Microsoft Office, computers, & more.
My Next Move
- A US Dept. of Labor site that offers career exploration that matches your interests & training.
- Explore occupational knowledge and skill requirements to see how they match with interests and abilities.
Occupational Outlook Handbook (BLS)
- Covers hundreds of occupations and describes what they do, work environment, how to become one, pay, and more. Also includes BLS employment projections for the 2010–20 decade.
-Explore salaries for jobs in the US.
- Learn to type-Free!
FREE EMAIL ACCOUNTS
Hotmail - Microsoft's online email
WHERE TO FIND JOBS
JOB APPLICATIONS, RESUMES, & INTERVIEWING
Job Application Guide
- Includes information on how to complete paper, online and employer-direct job applications. Also includes job application examples and forms.
Online Jobs & Kiosks-The Riley Guide
- Provides information about employment/hiring kiosks and practice job applications.
- Resources for resumes, cover letters, interviews, etc.