Job Seekers: Career Transitions
Thursday, June 20, 2013, 7pm - 8:30pm, in the Helen Plum Library Auditorium
This program will cover all kinds of transitions - career change/promotions; school to work; sabbatical; process, time line and tools; Q & A. Bonnie Liptak, MS is Myers-Briggs Type and Strong Interest Inventory assessment certified. She is in private practice and volunteers at the Community Career Center in Naperville.
To register, go to: helenplum.org, then to Events/Adult Programs.
Or call Adult Services: 630-627-0316.
Online Job Fair
Monday, June 17, 2013, 8am - Friday, June 21, 2013, 4pm, 24 hours/day
FREE. Sponsored by workNet DuPage. Features a variety of employers from throughout DuPage County, offering a variety of jobs in many different industries!
During Job Fair, sign in at www.worknetdupage.org.
For more information, click here.
DeKalb Illinois WorkNet Center Job Fair
Monday, June 24, 2013, 10am - 4pm, Community Outreach Building, 2500 N. Annie Glidden Rd Dekalb, IL 60115
Positions include production, sales, accounting, & more. Dress professionally with resumes in hand. Sponsored by First Institute Training & Managment, Inc. & Illinois WorkNet Center.
For more information, click here.
Or contact: Danita Sims 815-901-0177 x225.
Veterans Career Fair
Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 9am - 1pm, College of DuPage Student Services Center (SSC) Atrium, 425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
FREE. College of DuPage, Illinois Department of Veterans' Affairs and the Illinois Department of Employment Security(IDES) are hosting a one-of-a-kind career fair for veterans, military personnel and their spouses. About 55 employers are expected to attend.
For more information & to register, click here.
Or contact: Cornel Thomas, 634-495-5781, firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB SEARCH TOOLKIT
COPING WITH UNEMPLOYMENT & RELATED ISSUES
COBRA-Continuation of Health Coverage
- How to continue your health coverage after a job loss.
- "C.R.I.S.", Community Resource Information System, offers information on food, clothing, elder care, child care and more.
Illinois Hardest Hit Program
- For temporary mortgage payment assistance to households that are struggling with unemployment or underemployment.
People's Resource Center
- Offers emergency help with food, housing, job assistance, literacy, computer skills, & more.
CAREER EXPLORATION & TRAINING
- Find the latest information on occupations, wages, education and training requirements, outlook and much more
- A US Dept. of Labor site that offers career resources and workforce information to job seekers, students, businesses, and workforce professionals.
-Free online tutorials for learning Internet basics, Microsoft Office, computers, & more.
My Next Move
- A US Dept. of Labor site that offers career exploration that matches your interests & training.
- Explore occupational knowledge and skill requirements to see how they match with interests and abilities.
Occupational Outlook Handbook (BLS)
- Covers hundreds of occupations and describes what they do, work environment, how to become one, pay, and more. Also includes BLS employment projections for the 2010–20 decade.
-Explore salaries for jobs in the US.
- Learn to type-Free!
FREE EMAIL ACCOUNTS
Hotmail - Microsoft's online email
WHERE TO FIND JOBS
JOB APPLICATIONS, RESUMES, & INTERVIEWING
Job Application Guide
- Includes information on how to complete paper, online and employer-direct job applications. Also includes job application examples and forms.
Online Jobs & Kiosks-The Riley Guide
- Provides information about employment/hiring kiosks and practice job applications.
- Resources for resumes, cover letters, interviews, etc.