Checkout periods vary depending on the type of material.
- 3 Weeks: Books, audiobooks, video games and CDs
- 2 Weeks: Adult new books, Lucky Daybooks, and DVD Series
- 1 Week: eReaders, DVDs and BluRays
- 3 Days: Lucky Day DVDs
Our Lucky Day collection features the hottest books and movies, with shorter loan periods than the copies in the regular collection with no holds or renewals. One Lucky Day movie and book may be checked out per Helen Plum Library card holder. DVDs may be checked out for 3 days, and books may be checked out for 2 weeks.
Items added to our collection are on display in the front of the Library for 1 week. During this week, you may interact with the book inside the Library and place holds using the catalog.
You may have 2 renewals on most items. All items on "hold" for a fellow patron cannot be renewed.
- Adult New Releases
- Lucky Day DVDs and Books
- DVD Series
- eReaders (Nooks and Kindles)
You can renew materials either in person, during business hours over the phone at (630) 627-0316, via Text Message, or by using your My Library Account.
NOTE: If your materials are overdue they cannot be renewed online.
Fines & Pay Online
- Adult, Teen and Children's materials......$0.10 per day, per item
- All DVDs and Videogames......................$0.50 per day, per item
Pay Online (eCommerce)
You can pay $2.00 or more in fines and fees and have them removed immediately from your account.
Just follow these easy steps:
- Click "My Library Account" (enter your barcode and PIN)
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the catalog page
- Click "$xx.xx in unpaid fines and bills" (located on the left)
- Click "Pay Online" (Choose what you want to pay)
- Click "Continue"
The PayPal screen pops up for your credit card information and an email address where your payment confirmation will be sent. (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express). You can also click "Pay with PayPal" to use your PayPal account instead. Once all your credit card information is entered, click on "Pay Now" at the bottom of the screen.