How does Plum Pickup work?
Plum Pickup Service allows library cardholders to place a hold on items for pickup while maintaining safe social distancing, much like the curbside pickup service that many restaurants offer.
What is the process for picking up my materials?
- Arrive at your scheduled appointment time. Parking for the Library is across Park Ave in a shared lot with Elmhurst Health Center.
- Once parked, come to the front entrance doors. Please wear a mask and maintain six feet of social distance from staff and any cardholders in front of you in line, as indicated on the sidewalk.
- At your scheduled appointment time, all available items will be in a Plum Pickup bag, marked with your name, on the shelves to the right of the front desk. Any items not currently available will stay in the system and you will be notified as they become available.
- Staff will verbally verify your name and then you simply grab your items and go!
If you have a question or concern about your items, or if you need items brought out to your car, you may call (630) 627-0316 when parked in front of the building on Maple Street.
How do I make a Plum Pickup Appointment?
Wait for email notification from us that your items are ready. The message will include steps to set up your pickup appointment. Patrons will only be able to make an appointment when hold(s) on their account are available, and will need to input their full 14-digit card number and PIN when logging in. Click here to schedule a pickup appointment or manage an existing appointment.
How do I request items for Plum Pickup?
You can request items through our library catalog or by calling the Library during the above hours at (630) 627-0316. When calling, please have your library card number and email address ready.
What items can I check out using Plum Pickup Service?
Patrons can place a hold to borrow these items via contactless pickup:
- DVDs and Blu-rays
- Books on CD and Playaways
- Video games
- WiFi hotspots
Unfortunately, the following items are not available for contactless pickup at this time:
- Learning Games
How long can I keep items from Plum Pickup?
All items will be checked out for three weeks with two automatic renewals if no one is waiting for the item.
How do I return items from Plum Pickup?
We ask that all returned materials be placed in our Curbside Book Drop or designated bins in the Front Lobby. Do not hand items directly to staff during contactless pickup transactions.
When is Plum Pickup available?
Pickup times are by appointment only during the following hours:
Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat: 9am–4pm
Tue and Thu: 1pm–8pm
Plum Pickup and Live Chat Hours
- Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat: 9am to 4pm
- Tues, Thurs: 1pm to 8pm
- Sun: Closed
Click here to contact us on Live Chat with a Librarian, via e-mail or by calling (630) 627-0316.