Walk-in Library visits are now welcome! We are so grateful to our patrons and staff who have made it possible to safely open our doors. Beginning Monday, July 27, Helen Plum Library is ready to welcome visitors without appointments! Some services remain unavailable. COVID-19 is still impacting our daily lives and we continue to follow safety protocols set by the State of Illinois.
Please Note: The Library will monitor capacity and may need to ask for patrons to wait outside the building if we reach our maximum capacity at any time.
- A limited number of computers are available for use. Sessions are limited to 45 minutes. (1 session per day)
Computers are available on a walk-in basis, but reduced capacity may mean a short wait. A library card is not needed for computer use, and patrons may call (630) 627-0316 to check on availability prior to their visit.
Our current safety precautions remain in place. Here’s what you can expect:
- Patrons and staff are required to wear masks while using the Library.
- Patrons are asked that they spend a maximum of one hour per day in the Library.
- Staff will be available to assist with checkouts and reference services.
- Library services are limited to:
- Material browsing and checkouts.
- Computer sessions: 45 minutes, limited to 1 session per day.
- Access to printing, copying, scanning and faxing.
- The Quiet Reading Room, Robin’s Nest, Study Rooms and Auditorium will remain closed. Magazines and newspapers are available on the first floor.
- Seating is limited.
- We have increased cleaning, particularly in high contact areas.
- Plexiglass has been added to service desks.
- State standards for social distancing in the reopened areas continue to restrict our capacity.
- Notary and passports services are unavailable.
Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat: 9am−4pm
Tue, Thu: 1−8pm
If you do not currently have a library card or your card is expired, click here to learn more about getting a Helen Plum Library card.
As we continue to reopen the building and expand services, cardholders are encouraged to access ebooks & audiobooks, digital magazines & newspapers and our online resources remotely. Additionally, Plum Pickup Service and Live Chat with a Librarian are still available.
Stay up to date with the Library’s social media. We will let you know as we are able to safely phase in additional services.