Shoutbomb text message service allows you to use your mobile phone to receive text notices about:
- Holds that are available
- Items that are due soon, overdue, or renewable
The Library does not charge a fee for this service, but your mobile phone plan’s regular text messaging rates apply.
A text will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message.
What do you need?
- A mobile phone and wireless service.
- The barcode number from your library card and the PIN for your account
PLEASE NOTE: Choosing to use the Shoutbomb service does not change the email or mail notifications you have been receiving from the Library. This service is an additional method of managing your Library account.
Using the Shoutbomb Service
How to sign up:
Option 1: Complete this online form.
Option 2: Sign up using your mobile phone using the following steps.
- Send a text message to (630) 656-9314.
- In the body of the text please type SIGNUP and then send the message.
- Shoutbomb will send you messages.
- Reply to the messages from Shoutbomb, asking for your library card number (14 digits, no spaces) and your PIN code.
- addcard - Add another library card to your Shoutbomb registration.
- dropcard - Remove a card from your Shoutbomb registration.
- help - Request detailed descriptions and how to use each keyword.
- hl - Request a list of your items currently on hold.
- ra - Request to renew all eligible items.
- signup - Register for text messaging service.
- quit – turn off the text messaging service.
For a list of these basic commands in Spanish, see How do I use the Shoutbomb service in Spanish?
Want to know more?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.