We are looking for enthusiastic, responsible and organized teen volunteers to assist with this year’s summer reading program— Libraries Rock. Interested? Download the details and an application form here! Applications are due by Tue, May 1.
Requirements to Volunteer:
- Currently in 7–11 grade (entering Grades 8–12 in Fall 2018)
- Able to type—you don’t have to be fast, just careful
- Have a Helen Plum Library card—renew your card if it is expired
- Available to work a 2-hour shift every week from June through the first week of August
- Submit your application by Tuesday, May 1
- Attend an orientation session on Monday, May 14 or Saturday, May 19
- Registering children for the Summer Reading Program
- Checking reading logs
- Helping with prize distribution
- Other Library-related tasks as needed
Attendance and Behavior Guidelines:
- Notify us in advance if you are unable to come in for your assigned shift. If you miss three shifts without informing staff, your volunteer position will be reconsidered.
- When you are volunteering, you are representing the Helen Plum Library to the Lombard community. You are expected to wear your VolunTeen T-shirt and name badge for all shifts. Your appearance should be neat and clean.
Acceptance into the VolunTeen Program
There are many applicants for few VolunTeen positions, so fill out your application carefully and completely. We will notify you by Wednesday, May 9 to let you know whether or not you have been selected for the program.
Visit or call Youth Services at (630) 627-0316 or email Katie, Teen Librarian, at email@example.com