How does Plum Pickup Service work?
Use Plum Pickup service to set up an appointment for “ready for pickup” holds to be checked out, bagged and ready to grab and go. Cardholders will only be able to make an appointment when hold(s) on their account are available. Due to workload, staffing, and safety concerns, walk-up appointments are not available.
What is the process for picking up my materials?
- Arrive at your scheduled appointment time. Parking for the Library is across Park Ave in a shared lot with Elmhurst Health Center.
- Once parked, come to the front entrance doors. Please wear a mask and maintain six feet of social distance from staff and any cardholders in front of you in line, as indicated on the sidewalk.
- At your scheduled appointment time, all items ready for pickup will be in a Plum Pickup bag, marked with your name, on the shelves to the right of the front desk. Any items not currently available will stay in the system and you will be notified as they become available.
- Staff will verbally verify your name and then you simply grab your items and go!
If you have a question or concern about your items, or if you need items brought out to your car, you may call (630) 627-0316 when parked in front of the building on Maple Street.
Plum Pickup Service FAQ
Patrons can place a hold to borrow these items via contactless pickup:
- DVDs and Blu-rays
- Books on CD and Playaways
- Video games
- WiFi hotspots
- Learning Games
Wait for email notification from us that your items are ready. The message will include steps to set up your pickup appointment. Cardholders will only be able to make an appointment when hold(s) on their account are available, and will need to input their full 14-digit card number and PIN when logging in. Due to workload, staffing, and safety concerns, walk-up appointments are not available. Click here to schedule a pickup appointment or manage an existing appointment.
We ask that all returned materials be placed in our Curbside Book Drop or designated bins in the Front Lobby. Do not hand items directly to staff during contactless pickup transactions.