- Send a text message with only the keyword signup to (630) 656-9314, or complete and submit this out online form.
- You will receive a reply asking you for your library card number. If you receive a reply telling you that we could not understand your message, this typically means that the text was typed incorrectly. For example, signup is correct while sign up is not.
- Reply with only the information requested. If library card number is mistyped or a zero was accidentally omitted, an error message will be received asking for the number once again. Go back to your original message and make sure the library card number entered is accurate, make any necessary corrections and resend. If you resend the same number you will not receive a reply. (See "What do I do if I don’t get a reply from the Shoutbomb services?" for more info.)
- If the library card number is valid, you will receive a message asking for your PIN.
- If the PIN is valid, you will receive a message thanking you for registering.
- This completes the signup process.
You are here
In order to use a language other than English, you must select the appropriate keyword that corresponds to the English equivalent. Below are the Spanish translations for each of the English keywords.
*Note: in some cases the keywords are always in English
General Services Messages
- addcard - Add another library card to your Shoutbomb registration.
- addemail - Request to update user’s profile with an email address.
- dropcard - Remove a card from your Shoutbomb registration.
- dropemail - Request to update user’s profile by deleting existing email address.
- help - Request detailed descriptions and how to use each keyword.
- isbn - Texting the letters “ISBN” + a 10- or 13-digit ISBN number to search the library catalog. Useful if you are in a bookstore and want to check library holdings.
- signup - Register for text messaging service.
- resend - Resend the last message from Shoutbomb.
- test - Test your connection to Shoutbomb service.
- quit – To opt out of Shoutbomb.
- hl - Get a list of holds ready for pickup.
- holds - Toggles hold notices on or off. (This option is automatically turned on when you register.)
- ra - Renew all eligible items.
- renew – Toggle notification on or off for 3-day due date warnings. (This option is automatically turned on when you register.)
The library doesn’t charge a fee for this service, but your cell phone plan’s regular text messaging rates still apply. Check with your cell phone service provider to see the cost of text messages in your service plan.
Texts will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message and will usually arrive between 11 AM and Noon.
The Shoutbomb service processes all requests within 60 seconds of receiving your message, but some cell phone providers do not deliver this first message promptly.
- Wait and see if the reply arrives.
- If after 4 hours you still have not received a reply, send the keyword resend to (630) 656-9314.
- You can only use the RESEND command three times per day. This limitation is in place to protect from spam messages. If you do not receive a reply after three days, then send an email detailing your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing any issues with the service or you would like to make a suggestion for improvement, please text/email your comments to email@example.com
To end all text notifications and cancel your registration, text the message quit to (630) 656-9314, then reply to the instructions from Shoutbomb.