- You must be a registered voter
- You must have resided in the Library District for at least 1 year as of the filing of a nomination petition (packet)
- You must not be delinquent (in arrears) in paying real estate taxes to the Library District or delinquent as to “other indebtedness” to the Library District
- You must not have a conviction for “any infamous crime, bribery, perjury, or other felony”
Being a Trustee:
The Library Board of Trustees is composed of seven residents of the Library district who are registered voters. They are elected in staggered 4-year terms. The Board meets once a month at the Library on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7pm.
Routine duties of board members are to:
- Vote to approve the financial report and payment of bills
- Approve all expenditures over $20,000
- Vote on questions of policy
- Evaluate the Director on an annual basis
Petition submission information:
- Packets can be picked up at the front desk in the Library or can be found online here
- Petitioners need to collect at least 50 signatures
- Completed petitions must be filed between Mon, Dec 14 and Fri, Dec 18 and Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at the Helen Plum Library front desk between 9am and 4pm in order to be date and time-stamped (the order of names on the ballot is determined by the date and time that the packet is filed – the first packet returned is the first name listed on the ballot. Please note: All prospective candidates must also file a receipt of economic Interest form (cannot be done via the internet) by the last filing date (December 21, 2020).
- The election is April 6, 2021