Calling all makers! Helen Plum Library wants to help make your Spring Break awesome!
Our Youth Services Department has put together these resources for your family to learn about local and national events, different ways to explore library resources and fun crafts and science experiments to complete at home.
1st Day of Spring Break: Mar 28
- Learn about surface tension with this black pepper buoyancy experiment.
- Explore online resources from the Brookfield Zoo to learn behind-the-scenes facts about how they care for the animals.
- Go on a scavenger hunt and look for these spring things.
2nd Day of Spring Break: Mar 29
- By placing popsicle sticks in a certain pattern, you can create a chain reaction with an explosive effect!
- Find a great pairing of fiction and nonfiction titles with BookFlix! Check out this pairing on spring.
- Check out a Museum Adventure Pass to Cantigny Park and tiptoe through the tulips.
3rd Day of Spring Break: Mar 30
- Be a science spy and write a message in invisible ink.
- Spring is a great time for animal activity! Watch a live cam stream of your favorite animal.
- Find a nice place outside and watch the birds. Use this tally sheet to track what you see.
4th Day of Spring Break: Mar 31
- Use watercolors and yarn to make a colorful piece of art!
- To celebrate the last day of Women's History Month, take a virtual tour of the Women’s Rights National Historical Park in Seneca Falls, New York.
- Use this template to make a sprout house and watch how seeds grow in your window.
5th Day of Spring Break: Apr 1
- Create a wind sock to add some colorful fun to the outdoors.
- Do you know there are different types of clouds? Use Scholastic Teachables to search for "What Cloud Is It? Interactive Science Wheel" use the wheel to identify clouds in the sky.
- Visit the Library for some April Fools' Day fun!