Can't find an item at Helen Plum Library?
If you need an item Helen Plum Library doesn’t own, we will try to get it for you from another library.
All you need is a current Helen Plum Library card!
We recommend trying Find More Illinois first, and if the item isn't available there, try WorldCat ILL second.
Need help requesting an interlibrary loan? Call the Adult or Youth Services Departments at (630) 627-0316, visit the Adult or Youth Services Desks in person, or follow the instructions below!
What is Find More Illinois?
Search and request materials from libraries across Illinois and have the items delivered directly to Helen Plum Library for you!
Find More Illinois Instructions
- Click “Please Login” in the upper right corner.
- A pop-up box will appear. Select Helen Plum Library (Tip: Begin typing Helen Plum, and our Library should appear in the drop-down). Type in your library card number and PIN and click “Submit.”
- A pop-up box may appear asking what type of user you are. Click on “Patron.”
- Type in your search using the search bar. You can use the drop-down menu on the left to search by title, author, and more.
- Your search results may appear in multiple editions or formats (such as book, audiobook CD, etc.). If you want to narrow down your results, you can use the options on the left-hand side.
- To request the item, click on the hand icon under the word "request" for your desired format. If no hand icon appears, click on the cover image, then click on the "Request this Item" button. Note: If you try to request an item that Helen Plum Library owns, the following message will appear: “The item you're requesting is owned by your library. Please check on this availability before submitting this request.”
- Confirm that the information on the request form is correct and click “Submit.” A pop-up will appear confirming your submission. We will notify you when your item is ready for pick up!
What is WorldCat ILL?
WorldCat is a global online library catalog that lets you look up books, music, video, articles, and journals at libraries around the world.
- You can order directly through WorldCat Interlibrary Loan.
- Enter your library card number and PIN if prompted.
- Search by title, author, or keyword.
- Click on the specific item you want to request.
- Click on the "ILL" icon that appears above the item on the left side of the page:
NOTE: The interlibrary loan option is not available if the item is owned by Helen Plum Library. The ILL icon will not appear on the screen. Go through the Helen Plum Library catalog to request the desired item.
- Fill out the form and click “Submit.”
- You will see the message in green at the top of the page: "Your resource-sharing request was sent successfully." We will notify you when your item is ready for pick up!