Reading Fun for All Ages
No matter your age, we’ve got a reading program for you! Find out more about our year-round and seasonal reading programs below.
Anyone with a Helen Plum Library card or who is a student in a Lombard school is eligible to sign up.
"Library users of all ages will be encouraged to be creative, try new things, explore art, and find beauty in diversity."
Dates to Remember:
- Sign up begins Sat‚ May 1.
- Prizes can be redeemed Tue‚ Jun 1–Sun‚ Aug 8.
- Last day to turn in a log: Sun‚ Aug 8.
Participants can choose a custom Helen Plum Library coloring book or a color-able Summer Reading tote bag, while supplies last.
Log your Reading Progress
Track your Summer Reading progress online and earn virtual badges to redeem for prizes. See below for more information on tracking with Beanstack online.
Printed Logs are available
Pick up a printed log by visiting the Youth or Adult Services desks, or print a log of your choice by clicking below!
Choose Your Goal
Everyone can feel excited to participate in Summer Reading. If you feel more confident with a modified timed reading goal (less time)‚ we are happy to celebrate your goals! Use our Choose Your Goal paper reading log to track. The goal will be different‚ your reading rewards will be the same!
This adaptable program is only available on paper. Please visit the Library or email email@example.com to register.
Perks of Using Beanstack
- Never worry about losing a paper log!
- Parents can create a family account, where each reader participates in the program for their age group.
- Access your account on the go using the Beanstack Tracker app.
All of the programs a reader is eligible for will appear on your welcome screen. Click “Register for this Challenge” and start reading! Be sure to do this for all the readers on your account.
• On the Beanstack website: Readers in your account will appear in a drop-down box on the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
• On the Beanstack Tracker app: Select the icon in the upper right-hand corner. From there, select Readers.