Reading program for children K–Grade 8 and 1000 Books finishers
Tue, Sep 7–Sat, Apr 30
Sign up and earn free paperback books and keychains, stickers, or other prizes! This is an independent, self-paced program. We provide a book log—you track your reading progress, or track online with Beanstack! Stop by Youth Services for more details, to register, or to redeem rewards.
Logs from the 2020-2021 School Year Reading Program can be redeemed beginning Tue, Sep 7.
Sep 1, 2021–Apr 30, 2022
Do something to help yourself, help others, help the larger community.
Sign up for this program on Beanstack. Earn virtual badges, complete activities, and have an opportunity to earn volunteer service hours. Check the program monthly as new activities and special badges are unlocked.
This program is open to any student in grades 6–12 who attends a school within the Helen Plum Library service area.
Reading program for children birth–preschool
Share 1000 books with your child before kindergarten. Keep track of each title read in the book log or track online with Beanstack! For every 100 stories read, your child will earn a reading reward. For more information, stop by Youth Services.
Perks of Using Beanstack
- Never worry about losing a paper log!
- Parents can create a family account, where each reader participates in the program for their age group.
- Access your account on the go using the Beanstack Tracker app.
All of the programs a reader is eligible for will appear on your welcome screen. Click “Register for this Challenge” and start reading! Be sure to do this for all the readers on your account.
• On the Beanstack website: Readers in your account will appear in a drop-down box on the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
• On the Beanstack Tracker app: Select the icon in the upper right-hand corner. From there, select Readers.