Information here is for materials checked out from Helen Plum Library. Materials checked out through Interlibrary loan are subject to the loan rules of the lending library.
Most items check out for 3 weeks. Below are the exceptions:
- 2 Weeks: New Adult books, Lucky Day books, and DVD series
- 1 Week: DVDs and Blu-rays, including Lucky Day movies
- Physical Items: You may check out as many items as you can carry.
- Digital items: Varies by the service provider.
- Patrons owing more than $25.00 to the Library may not be allowed to check out materials. Patrons may request a 24-hour hold on items in order to allow for time to correct the situation.
Our Lucky Day collection features popular books and movies. One Lucky Day movie and book may be checked out per Helen Plum Library cardholder. DVDs and Blu-rays may be checked out for 7 days, and books may be checked out for 2 weeks. These items cannot be renewed.
You may have two renewals on most items. Items on hold for other patrons cannot be renewed. Items eligible for renewal will automatically renew on the due date of the item. Interlibrary loan items will not be automatically renewed; renewals for these items may be requested. Patrons will receive a notification via phone, text, or email if an item is not renewed.
Items that cannot be renewed:
- Lucky Day DVDs and Books
- eReaders (Nooks and Kindles)
You can renew materials in person, during business hours over the phone at (630) 627-0316, via Text Message, or by using your My Library Account.
PLEASE NOTE: If your materials are overdue, they cannot be renewed online.
Fines & Paying Online
Overdue, Lost and Damaged Materials
Fines for overdue materials are $0.10 per item, per day with the following exceptions:
- Video Games: $0.50 per day
Electronic: $1.00 per day
Fees for lost or damaged items are determined by the Library. Patrons are required to pay for lost or damaged items; substituted items are not accepted. If a patron pays for a damaged item, the patron may keep the item.
Pay Online (eCommerce)
You can pay $2.00 or more in fines and fees online and have them removed immediately from your account.
Follow these easy steps:
- Click "My Library Account" (enter your barcode and PIN)
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the catalog page
- Click "$xx.xx in unpaid fines and bills" (located on the left)
- Click "Pay Online" (Choose what you want to pay)
- Click "Continue"
The PayPal screen pops up for your credit card information and an email address where your payment confirmation will be sent. (Accepted credit cards include Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express). You can also click "Pay with PayPal" to use your PayPal account instead. Once all your credit card information is entered, click on "Pay Now" at the bottom of the screen.