If you need an item Helen Plum Library doesn’t own, we will try to get it for you from another library. All you need is a current Helen Plum Library card. Interlibrary loan requests are limited to four items per week per cardholder. The library will contact you when your item is ready for pick-up.
There are three ways you can request an item:
1. Call the Adult Services or Youth Services Departments at (630) 627-0316.
2. Stop by the Adult Services or Youth Services Desks in person.
- Enter library card number and PIN if prompted
- Search by title, author or keyword
- Click on the specific item you want to request
- Click on the "ILL" icon that appears above the item on the left side of the page. NOTE: The interlibrary loan option is not available if the item is owned by the Helen Plum Library. The ILL icon will not appear on the screen. Go through the Helen Plum Library catalog to request the desired item.
- Fill out the form
- Click on “Submit”
- You will see the message in green at the top of the page: "Your resource sharing request was sent successfully."