Helen M. Plum Memorial Library
C-5 Policy on Sponsorships of Library Events
Adopted by the Library Board of Trustees, July 9, 2019.
The purpose of this policy is to define under what circumstances the Helen M. Plum Memorial Public Library District (“Library”) will enter into sponsorships and to provide guidance in the development of those relationships as a means of pooling resources that will enhance or improve Library services, programs, collections and/or facilities.
The following provisions apply to all Library sponsorships with institutions, organizations, businesses and/or individuals.
Sponsor is an institution, organization, business or individual that collaborates with the Library to provide programs and/or services to the public in ways that are mutually beneficial to and in support of the missions of both the Library and the sponsor, or contributes to the Library in support of a collection, service or program.
- Institutions, organizations, businesses or individuals compatible with the policies, vision, mission and goals of the Library will be considered as potential sponsors.
- The Library will only enter into sponsorships determined to be in the best interest of the Library.
- Sponsorships will be subject to the approval of the Library Director or designated staff member.
- The library does not represent the donor in any transaction and stipulates that the donor is responsible for his/her own determination of gift valuation or deductibility. The library will provide tax receipts upon request.
- Sponsorship by an institution, organization, business or individual does not imply Library support of the objectives of that institution, organization, business or individual.