Request a Room Reservation
Study Room Reservations
Helen Plum Library offers study rooms available throughout the Library in Adult, Youth, and Teen Services:
- Reservations may be made up to 1 week in advance for Helen Plum Library cardholders. Rooms are available to those without Helen Plum Library cards on a walk-in basis.
- Groups and individuals may reserve study rooms for a maximum of 2 hours per day. Patrons can remain in the room for longer if there are no other reservations. If another patron reserves the room after someone has been in for two hours or longer, they will be asked to leave the room to accommodate the other patron.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes past the scheduled start time. If a patron does not sign into the room within 15 minutes of their scheduled start, their reservation will be forfeited.
- Study Rooms are not soundproof. Users are expected to show consideration for those in neighboring study rooms and other Library patrons.
- Users need to sign in at the nearest service desk. In Adult Services, a library card or ID will be held while the room is signed out.
Meeting Room Reservations
The meeting rooms are available free of charge to Helen Plum Library cardholders, including residents, organizations, and companies within the Library District.
Helen Plum Library welcomes the use of its meeting rooms for civic, cultural, and social activities. Groups may use meeting rooms when the use will not interfere with the primary functions of the Library. Rooms available for public reservation include the Plum Meeting Rooms on the 1st floor and the Conference Room on the 2nd floor.
All reservations require a Helen Plum library card to reserve a room. Business library cards are available to organizations and businesses located within the Library District and can be obtained by presenting a letter, on company letterhead, stating the desire to have a business library card. The library card will be opened in the business’s name with the company’s top administrator being responsible for all account activity. Business library cards expire every three years.
Meeting room reservations can be made at least 4 weeks in advance of a reservation date but not more than 12 weeks in advance. Questions? Please call (630) 627-0316 ext. 494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org